Floydcardigancolltn, including our subsidiary (ies), (hereinafter referred to as “we/ our/ us/ Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and users (hereinafter referred to as “User/Customer”) and ensures complete confidentiality and security of personal information that resides with us.
We wish to assure you that the Company is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of its users and has taken all necessary and reasonable measures in line with the best industry practice to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and its transmission through our website.
You understand and acknowledge that this policy is effective from the date and time a user registers with the site and accept the terms and conditions laid out on the site.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
We may collect personally identifiable information like name, telephone number, shipping address, e-mail address, etc., personal information, and sensitive personal information. Other information that we may collect includes location details, IP address, logs, metadata, and other Personal Data we get from communications done through e-mails, SMS, instant messages, and calls.
We may also maintain a record of your product interest and acquire information about you for our present and/or future affiliates. If you choose to post messages on our message boards, online/ offline chats, or other message areas or leave feedback for other users, we may retain this information.
We may collect information about the location of your device to facilitate your use of certain features of our Services, device ID, device type, determine the speed at which your device is traveling, add location-based filters. We may collect information about the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) and mobile network information. This information includes, but is not limited to demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
All the aforesaid information is service-dependent and we may use the above said user information to, maintain, protect, and improve services (including advertising services) and/or for developing new services. Users can always refuse to supply personally identifiable or any other information, with the condition that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities and functionalities.
You acknowledge that our third-party services providers may need to collect certain additional information, e.g.- your credit or debit card number and expiration date, bank routing and account number. We may also aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit our Website.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT INTERACT WITH US DIRECTLY
We may receive personal data about individuals who do not interact with us directly. For example, our clients, service providers, and partners may provide us with information about individuals other than themselves when using our products or services. In addition, the Company may obtain personal data from other participants in a transaction processing chain, such as card associations and debit network operators and their members. The types of information we receive about third parties include:
- Information about the personnel of our clients, service providers, or partners, such as the business contact information that our clients, service providers, or partners provide to us in the context of our contractual relationships with them
- Information about potential job candidates, such as when a recruiter contacts us about an individual who may become a candidate for a job at our Company
- Information about customers of our clients that our clients send to us or allow us to collect in the context of the services that the Company performs, such as information related to financial transactions initiated by the customer, account registrations, and in some cases information needed to verify a customer’s identity and details of products or services purchased, and as otherwise stated in an applicable specific privacy notice for a Company product or service. Where our technology is incorporated into a merchant’s mobile application or website, we also may automatically collect certain information of the type described in the section below titled “Information collected via automated means.”
- Information obtained when processing transactions, such as information about payment transactions
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM PRIVATE AND PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE SOURCES
We and our service providers may collect information about individuals that is publicly available, including by searching publicly accessible government lists of restricted or sanctioned persons. We and or our third-party verification providers may also collect information from private or commercially available sources, such as by requesting reports or information from credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to the extent permitted under applicable law.
INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA AUTOMATED MEANS
When you access our websites or use our mobile applications, we, our service providers and our partners may automatically collect information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity on our websites or mobile applications. Typically, this information includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on or in our websites or mobile applications, such as pages or screens you accessed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access.
Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites. This information is collected via various mechanisms, such as via cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, mobile applications, and similar technologies. This type of information may also be collected when you read our HTML-enabled emails.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
In limited circumstances and when permitted by law, we may request biometric data to confirm your identity, such as when we authenticate a payment using your fingerprint. In some circumstances, we may collect information that may reveal the health or medical information, such as when we process transactions at health or medical facilities or pharmacies. In the context of processing employment applications, we may also request sensitive information, such as racial or ethnic origin or information about disability, where required or permitted by the law of the country in which you are applying for employment.
Outside of these contexts or otherwise, as we specifically request, we ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal data (meaning information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic, health, or biometric information, information about sex life or sexual orientation, or criminal convictions or offenses) through our websites or mobile applications, or otherwise to us.
USAGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
The information collected from you may be used to operate, provide, develop, and improve our services. Data like demographic and identity data, online identifiers, personal data, and other technical data are used to manage orders, provide services, deliver products, process payments, and communicate with you, and improvise on all our services.
These purposes include:
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- facilitate seamless purchase experience while making a transaction by pre-populating the OTP received by you;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events, if any, offered by us and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services;
- revise, modify, and update existing services and develop new services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our rights and property and others;
- trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the Information Technology Act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on the Website;
- personalize the services and present you with advertising, content or features that we believe will be of interest or useful to you;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Without limiting the foregoing and in addition thereto, we may transfer your information to another entity if we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if all or substantially all of our assets or business are acquired by another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceedings.
We may provide your personal information to third-party companies that display purchase-based or interest-based ads. In addition, advertisers and ad networks, ad serving companies, or other service providers may infer user interests or purchase history based on interactions with, or clicks on, personalized ads or content.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we process the information as set out in this policy. However, we may retain your Personal Data for a longer period of time where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use temporary and permanent cookies, tags, scripts, and other similar technologies to identify users of our services and to enhance user experience and to identify visitors, track website navigation, gather demographic information about visitors and users, understand email campaign effectiveness and for targeted visitor and user engagement by tracking your activities on our websites. We use third-party tracking services like google analytics and google tag manager to understand the behavior of our website visitors and serve them better.
Further, the pages on the website may also include web beacons or pixels, which are electronic files to count users who have visited that page, to track activity over time and across different websites, to determine users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing that page, or to collect other related information, and this information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or Internet Protocol address.
You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, this may prevent our site or services from working properly. You can also set your browser to delete cookies every time you finish browsing.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SAFETY OF YOUR DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instruction and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
- You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us or clicking on the opt-out link included in each marketing message. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing messages.
- Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on our websites or in our mobile applications may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit our, or our partners’, ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with your mobile device. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above. If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online, but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
- Where we request personal data directly from you, you do not have to provide it to us. If you decide not to provide the requested information, in some circumstances we, or our clients, may be unable to provide products or services to you. For example, we may be unable to process your transaction.
- In some jurisdictions, applicable law may provide a right for individuals to access, modify, or delete their personal data in some. You may contact us directly to request access to, modify or delete your information. We may not be able to provide access to, modify, or delete your information in all circumstances.
We are headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria but have service providers in other countries. Your personal data may be transferred to other locations outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where we or our service providers maintain offices and where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If we make such a transfer, we will require that the recipients of your personal data provide data security and protection in accordance with applicable law.
HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA USED
We will use your personal data for as long as necessary based on why we collected it and what we use it for. This may include our need to satisfy a legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirement.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In general terms, we will retain your personal data for the duration of your involvement/engagement with us and for as long as reasonably necessary afterwards; however, we may maintain different retention periods for different products and services. There are also certain types of information which are required to be retained for a certain period by law.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, individuals in Europe have rights under data protection laws in relation to their personal data. If you are located in Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions regarding personal data that we hold:
Access. You are entitled to ask us if we are processing your personal data and, if so, for a copy of the personal data we hold about you, as well as obtain certain other information about our processing activities.
Correction. If any personal data we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you can require us to correct it, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Erasure. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
Object. Where our reason for processing your personal data is legitimate interest you may object to processing as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Restriction. You may ask us to suspend our use of your personal data in the following scenarios: if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; where our use of your personal data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; where you need us to hold your data for a longer period than we usually would, because you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Transfer. Where it is possible, we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to personal data provided by you which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent. Where our reason for processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Automated decision making. You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making (e.g., profiling) that significantly affects you. The exercise of this right is not available to you in the following cases:
- The automated decision is required to enter into, or perform, a contract with you.
- We have your explicit consent to make such a decision.
- The automated decision is authorized by the local law of an EU member state.
However, in the first two cases set out above, you still have the right to obtain human intervention in respect of the decision, to express your point of view, and to contest the decision.
There may be legal or other reasons why we cannot or are not obliged to, fulfill a request to exercise your rights. We will use available lawful exemptions to your individual rights to the extent appropriate. If we decline your request, we will tell you why subject to legal restrictions.
You will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights relating to your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal data, you may contact our data protection officer using the contact information below. We request that a complaint be made in writing. Please provide details about your concern or complaint so that our data protection officer can investigate it. We will take appropriate action in response to your complaint, which may include conducting internal discussions with relevant business representatives. We may contact you for additional details or clarification about your concern or complaint. We will contact you to inform you of our response to your complaint. You also may have a right to file a complaint with a national or local regulatory agency.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE POLICY
Your continued use of our website and service/s, following notice of such changes, shall indicate your acknowledgment of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.